Monday, May 7, 2007

The Cat Empire on Jay Leno TONIGHT!

Awesome, right? The Cat Empire, who we're reeeeally looking forward to having at GrassRoots this summer, are going to be on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno tonight. Mike Myers is also on the show, so... well... Party on! Excellent!

We're not sure what song they'll be performing, but I'm really hoping it's "Sly", because I'm pretty sure that song is about me. The first part of the lyrics go:

"With frizzy hair
Was a metaphor
Festival time
Then this woman
Is a goddess on that festival shrine"

Okay, yeah, I know that I've never met the Cat Empire or seen them in person, but frizzy hair and festival goddess? It's gotta be about me. Okay, maybe I'm not the only curly-haired festival attendee that ever existed, but a girl can dream, right?

In any case, their CD is called "Two Shoes" and we highly recommend it.

If you miss the Tonight Show, check back here; I bet there'll be a YouTube video of it which I'll try to post if I find it.

No comments: